The RANGE hours of operation
**Founding and Platinum Members will be able to book time slots outside of the hours of operation Monday through Friday from 11:30am to 2:30pm.
Basic to Advanced private instruction on line with the students wants, needs and goals. Times will be arranged with student. You will receive 1/1 lessons.
Basic handgun cleaning. Available for pick up the next day, during THE RANGE hours.
We offer a climate-controlled Range and Classroom all located in the same building. The price of the class includes target and the 50 rounds of ammunition needed for the firearms proficiency test.
This class provides the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) required classroom training and firearm qualification students need in order to obtain a Texas License to Carry a Handgun (LTC).
To train and qualify a student to submit application to the Texas Handgun Licensing Program. Upon completion, students will have the following materials required to submit their application:
• Instructor certification for completed classroom curriculum.
• Instructor certification for completed handgun qualification test.
• Basic proficiency with a handgun. LTC classes are not intended to train students how to shoot a handgun. The qualification test portion of the course is required by the State of Texas in order to demonstrate your ability to safely and properly handle and shoot a handgun.
• 4 to 6 hours of combined classroom instruction and handgun qualification testing.
Mandatory Range Equipment to Qualify.
Come range ready with:
• Semi-automatic handgun or revolver (unloaded and in a case) of any caliber in good repair and have no modifications that will make the handgun less safe.
• STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO BRING WEAPON or AMMUNITION into the CLASSROOM please lock it in a provided locker.
• Baseball cap
• Safety glasses (available for purchase)
• Ear protection that covers your ears (available to rent/buy)
• Footwear that entirely covers both feet
Range Qualification Test Requirements (as mandated by the Texas DPS):
• Total of 50 rounds fired at a B-27 target (45″ high x 24″ wide)
• Score of 175 out of 250 possible points (70%) required to pass
• Shooting stance from the ready position where firearm is already in a position to fire
The class is available to children 10 years and up, but must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian 21 years or older. This is a great class for those new to handguns but wanting their Texas LTC.
The Basic Pistol Training Class is approximately 2½ to 3½ hours and includes classroom instruction and shooting exercises on the range.
• A pistol
• 50 rounds of ammunition Minimum (first 50 rounds included)
• Ear and eye protection
• A willingness to learn
• Firearm Safety
• How to operate your firearm:
• How to load your magazine
• How to operate the slide or cylinder
• How to operate the safety if your firearm has a safety
• How to load and unload
• How to Clean your firearm:
• Firearm disassembly
• Firearm cleaning components
• Proper cleaning and lubrication
• Firearm reassembly
• Firearm function check
• Shooting fundamentals which include:
• Sight picture
• Sight alignment
• Trigger squeeze
• Breath Control
**If you are taking this class to prepare for your LTC we highly recommend you bring the firearm you will shoot during your LTC qualification.
**You must be at least 10 years old to take this class; if under 21 you must have a parent or guardian present in the class room and on the shooting range.
Designed for people that are proficient with their handguns but want additional training in areas that are sometimes neglected.
The Intermediate Pistol Training course is intended build upon the basic class or to help develop the skills of the intermediate shooter that wants to reinforce fundamentals and become more proficient under stress.
This course is approximately 3 hours in length and includes classroom instruction and shooting exercises
on the range.
• Semi-automatic pistol with a minimum of 2-3 magazines
• Quality belt and holster made specifically for your firearm
• 1-2 magazine holsters/pouches
• 200-250 rounds of ammunition (not included in class price)
• Eye and Ear Protection
• Firearm Safety
• Fundamentals of Marksmanship
• Reloading (Tactical/Slide Lock)
• Intro to malfunctions clearing
• Introduction to the Four Step Draw